Sunday, July 25, 2010

settling in

Me and the ridiculous amount of baggage. Hahah!


At Docklands waterfront


Nice (:
With her new-found hat

Coconut chocolate and Pina colada chocolate!
She got wonky about pics after getting her hat

Super nice Vietnamese restuarant!

"Apple's MINE!" omg.

My fully-packed closet

Hmmm pastries, cakes and sweet stuff!

Hmmm! I spent like what, 66 bucks on groceries yesterday?! Mad rush going to Preston Market and then to Coles (local supermarket) for my food which I hope, will last me for two weeks. Right now I'm pretty stocked with fresh veg, meat, canned soup, my indulgence of yeo's chrysanthemum tea and yakult (so freaking ex here) and fruits and breakfast! Hahahah.

Just now me Reg and Shuqi went to pao wontons! :D I daresay Mummy will be proud of me when she sees it, looks like all my poking into the kitchen at home hasn't gone to waste! Hahhaha.

So last week Paps and Mum went back and I was left to meet Susie Dewanti! Toured city for two days wit her and she went back :( one friend less in melbourne. Ohwells! I suppose I should start some reading soon cuz I'm kinda like outta touch with my subjects.

School timetable looks manageable - more packed on Mondays and Fridays, but other days kinda end early or I have to attend only for certain weeks. Yay! Seriously coming here is like going on a longggg holiday - with just the right amount of work and stuff to keep me focused.

When I was at town I saw so much FOOD CRAFTS and people! Hehehhh. And I got bubble tea for 3 bucks! That's the standard here anyway. Kinda gets me thinking about the 2.50 charkwayteow and 2bucks rojak I have under my house. Anyway the weather here is rather dry so its moisturize x3! But today has been good so far - cool temp, lovely winds, warm sun! Perfect for a walk!

My time here is probably a really good period to reflect upon myself and my lifestyle and perhaps the on-goings in my life. Life here is more relaxed, people take to enjoying, I dress however I want, there's so much more visual beauty to appreciate. Then again, it's where I will lack the home-cooked soup, the languages I usually speak, the food and culture I have been so used to, and of course, the people important.

Hmmm luckily the honey I bot is nice. Nice honey is impt. I have tons of drinks in store now! Hmm should I buy an owl figurine from the sunday market at my school carpark? I bought a book! woohoo. Building up my library. And I saw so many nice things I would wanna put in my house! Was thinking, if I start looking for decorative stuff to place in my house only nxt time, wouldn't that be a little late? Mite not even find the stuff I like so much either. As we were saying, things may only happen at that time. Time to make the most of it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment