Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Reality (& nice people)

Awww!

My housemate is the sweetest ever. Now I know why he's so pops with girls. Hhahaha. I just had a pretty good day!

Came back yesterday from SALSA! Wa lao eh, pretty intimidating lor, we arrived, found a HUGE group of people in the dark mingling and stuff like that and hello, we don't have mingling sessions like that ever in Singapore. So okay, feeling apprehensive about forgetting dance steps and stuff while waiting for class to start.

I think you can tell abit about a man/boy when you dance with him. Some hold your hands too tight, some move their shoulders too much, some don't look at you, some shake hands and introduce themselves. I met this guy who gave me a very weird look everytime we started salsa-ing, narrowing his eyes and pursing his lips. I was like 'WTH???' in my mind but ohwells, smiling politely might just be the way to go here. Super LOL! If I didn't look at him, it mite seem rude. If I did, I'll burst out laughing sooner or later. Creeeeeppy.

But there were also really nice people! Like this Indian guy who came with a Singaporean Indian female. So friendly and nice to talk to. And another person who has been dancing swing for 4-5 years but is trying out salsa. And some who were only on their first lesson but didn't feel like it; they moved so naturally! There was this NZ guy whom I had to guide through a turn-move cuz he was too focused on the instructor to turn correctly. Well another memorable one was this Asian person who didn't look properly and put his hand on my STOMACH (rather than waist) when we were turning. Yeah nice and warm but totally in the wrong place. Another LOL moment. I wonder if Chanchan has such lol-able moments too? Hahhaha. Epic man! I think I shall never forget dance. And being a beginner dancer.

I really like how the instructor makes it funny naturally tho. Like when he's trying to get the guys to follow a step, he goes something like, "Okay guys, when you raise your arms and turn the lady, you don't just look down and oogle and go 'Uh huhhhh'.. you gotta do your basic step at the same time! And DON'T THINK they don't know, the girls KNOW it when you're doing that'. Hilarious! Reminds me of how men are visual by nature.

The funny thing is that while we were waiting for class to begin the weird look guy came up and asked if I wanted to warm up. When we nearly wanted to start the lights came on, so we said well, another time. Thank goodness I didn't. I can't stand anymore weird looks. On a second thought, maybe the darkness would have helped. Hahahhahahahahahahaha. There are just so odd dancers! Makes me wonder how the females are faring too. Are we not looking at them enough? Not swaying enough? LOL.

So anyway! Arrived back home after a shiok bus ride(we always get seats) and got really hungry! As usual. But I didn't have any leftover food to heat up and the only stuff I had to eat was sweet stuff which I didn't fancy then. Brewed some instant soup but that wasn't satisfying enough. Bumped into my housemate who was preparing dinner (at 1130pm) and being such a nice guy and hearing me whine he offered me some of his dinner! It's super good! Chicken-pea-carrot-onions-garammasala-tumeric-corianderpowder-yoghurt-garlic curry and fluffy rice! I must emphasize on the fluffiness of the rice because he used to practically cook porridge aha. Man, that really hit the spot. Living in hostel is gooooood when you have such a sweet housemate who funnily enough, gets nervous when he cooks for someone and says that girls intimidate him. Muhaha! I am SO getting that recipe!

Okay, tonight heading off to Mel's house for potluck, hope it's gonna be good! But first, assignments woohoo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment